Bellevue, Nebraska — Gather the family and head to the Holiday Festival at the Forest, a week-long holiday celebration at Fontenelle Forest in Bellevue. The festivities take place daily from December 10-16 from 8am-pm.
Winter Wonderland in the Great Hall | December 10 – January 2
For the month of December, Fontenelle Forest transforms the Great Hall into a Winter Wonderland for all to enjoy! From December 10 to January 2, 8am-5pm, members and guests are invited to visit Fontenelle Forest and experience the festive holiday display of decorated trees and wreaths and the outdoor lighted Riverview Boardwalk.
Daily Festivities at the Forest
Step into a Winter Wonderland in the Fontenelle Forest Great Hall, beautifully decorated with holiday trees and wreaths. Then, bundle up and stroll the first loop of the lighted Riverview Boardwalk. Warm up with some complimentary hot cocoa as you enjoy the day’s festive activities. There will be an ornament decorating self-serve station for kids.
Holiday Festival Saturday, December 10
– Visit with Santa from 1-3pm: Bring your kiddos to talk to Santa and enjoy the Winter Wonderland holiday decorations while waiting for your turn.
– Holiday with the Raptors from 1-5pm: Meet some of the Forest’s educational raptors up close!The raptor team will be teaching and answering questions about these feathery ambassadors.
– Habitat Building from 1-5pm: Instead of gingerbread houses made of cookies and candy, kids will be making habitats out of materials found in the Forest. Learn about and build one of the three habitat types found at Fontenelle Forest; oak savanna, prairie and wetlands.
Holiday Festival Sunday, December 11
– Goldenrod Duo Concert from 1-2pm: Enjoy thisholiday concert for your listening in the Baright Gallery.
– Carol Hiking Session 2:30-3:30pm and 5-6pm: Get in the holiday spirit and help spread holiday cheer by participating in caroling at the Forest! Holiday costumes and/or ugly holiday sweaters are not required but are definitely encouraged (there may be prizes involved). Please arrive a few minutes prior to hike time. All ages are welcome. Families with smaller kids will enjoy this daytime caroling event.
Free for members or with daily admission for non-members.
$11 per adult
$10 per senior (62+)
$8 per child (2-17)
Free for children under age 2
Free for members
(sales tax included)
For More Information, visit Fontenelle Forest here.
Be sure to check out all of our Holiday Content here!