When dining out, it doesn’t take long before you learn which restaurants and fast foods your family can rely on for providing great allergy-free meals. We are lucky to have so many in the Omaha area!
Gluten-free friendly restaurants in Omaha
- WheatFields Eatery & Bakery Substitute any dish with a gluten-free cinnamon roll; they are huge and amazing! They also sell a limited amount of gluten-free baked goods in their bakery.
- Shucks Fish House This is one of the best gf menus in Omaha. They serve all their fried fish with a cornmeal batter and they also have gf hoagies for their lobster roll!
- Mula Mexican & Tequileria Specializing in creative Mexican food, they can make any of their menu options gf and they have a delicious dairy-free queso.
- The Omaha Bakery For a gluten-free birthday cake or cupcakes, this bakery in Bellevue will customize anything you need.
- Spaghetti Works This popular restaurant has a gf pasta option, several of their sauces are gf, and they have a gf kids’ pizza.
- Zio’s Pizza, Pitch Pizzeria, Mama’s Pizza Each of these local favorites offer the option of gluten free pizza crusts. Check out more of our team’s favorite gf pizza options here.
- Hiro 88 Satisfy your sushi cravings with the gf sushi menu as well as their Asian stir fry options.
- Railcar Enjoy gf prime rib on Friday and Saturday, and all week long you can try their other gf specialties like paella, baby-back ribs, or a kobe burger on a gf bun.
- Timber This wood fire bistro has great options you don’t usually see on a gf menu like soups and even a crab cake appetizer.
- Kitchen Table if you’re craving a gf breakfast menu, you can find grits and gf bread at their Central or Downtown locations.
National chains that provide great gf options:
- Chick-fil-a– They offer grilled nuggets, salad, and their grilled chicken sandwich can be served on a gf bun.
- Culvers– Get a gf bun for your cheeseburger or chicken sandwich for $1 extra.
- Jason’s Deli– They have a kids’ menu which includes Applegate gf chicken nuggets and sandwiches on gf bread.
- Noodles– There are lots of great gf pasta options here; now their macaroni and cheese is even gf! They will clean the grill for you before cooking meat to add to your pasta to prevent cross-contamination.
- Starbucks– Most locations carry their gf breakfast sandwich with egg, Canadian bacon, and cheese- this is one of my favorite treats!
- Biaggi’s– This popular Italian restaurant serves gf bread, and has an expansive gf menu containing one of my favorite dishes: Shrimp & Salmon Milanese.
- PF Changs– One of the first chain restaurants to pioneer a gf menu, theirs includes gf lettuce wraps, sushi, and even fried Asian dishes like General Tso’s chicken.
- Chipotle- Here we order their crispy corn tacos or a burrito bowl. Their staff is trained to take food allergies seriously, and they will gladly change their gloves or clean the grill if an allergy is mentioned.
- Great Harvest Bread- They bake gf breads several times a week and checking their online calendar will tell you what flavors they’re preparing.
- Papa Murphys- We do their take-and-bake pizza often, their Spinach Bacon Artichoke on gf crust is awesome!
Almost every restaurant you go to will provide you with gluten-free options. However, it is up to you to know the ingredients you absolutely must avoid, and that might require a conversation with the chef who is preparing your food. Many restaurants are educating their staff in serving and preparing gluten-free food and asking a few questions will give you the answers you need! It’s never been so easy to live gluten-free.