Summer is a great time to listen to outdoor music around Omaha. Grab a blanket or lawn chairs, some snacks, and a drink and get ready to relax to summer tunes. Let the kids run and play while you sit back and enjoy the tunes.
Looking for more summer fun? Check out our
Ultimate Guide to Summer with 60+ Things to do in Omaha.
Where to Enjoy Outdoor Music in + around Omaha This Summer
June 30, enjoy a concert by Melissa Etheridge followed by fireworks! Music starts at 6:30 pm with the National Anthem and fireworks are at 10 p.m
This free summer series, on Fridays from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. is presented by Omaha Parks and Recreation Department.
- July 7 at Gene Leahy Mall – Lemon Fresh Day
- July 14 at Gene Leahy Mall – Finding Dixie
- July 21 at Zorinsky Lake – Taxi Driver
- July 28 at Zorinsky Lake – One2Go
Where: Aksarben Village
7 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- May 26, High Heel
- June 3, Nebraska All-Stars
- June 17, Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
- June 24, Taxi Driver
- July 1, Personics
- July 15, Cover Girls
- August 5, Echo
- August 12, Simplicated
- August 19, 70s Band
- August 26, Eastern Heights
Where: Rockbrook Village
- June 2, Susie Throne & Friends
- June 9, E String Band
- June 16, Gooch & The Guys
- June 23, Urban Delight & Horns of Plenty
- June 30, USAF Heartland of America Band
- July 7, Pam & The Pearls
- July 14, Los Montunos
- July 21, Blues Agent
- July 28, Rat Pack Jazz
- August 4, Soldiers of Soul
- August 11, Daddy Mac & The Flak
- August 18, Omaha Big Band, Ltd.
- August 25, Camille Metoyer Moten Band
Where: Lauritzen Gardens
When: 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Concerts are included with paid garden admission and are free for garden members.
- June 6, The Churchill Boys
- June 20, New Humans
- July 11, Come Together Band: a Musical Celebration of the Beatles
- July 18, Vertigo Blues Band
- August 1, Back Alley
- August 15, The Brits
- August 29, eNVy – Omaha
Where: Shadow Lake Town Center
When: 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- June 2, High Heel
- June 9, Bob Fields and Swing Time Band
- June 16, Highway 6
- June 23, Red Delicious
- June 30, Platte River Showdown
- July 7, Come Together Band: a Musical Celebration of the Beatles
- July 14, Heartland Boogie Band
- July 21, The Radio Eclectic
- July 28, Finding Dixie
- August 4, Chad Lee Band
Head to Bayliss Park in Council Bluffs, Iowa, every Wednesday from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. with your lawn chairs, coolers, and dancing shoes for a night of free music.
- June 7, Bozak & Morrissey (Classic Rock)
- June 14, Doors & Windows (The Music of Burt Bacharach)
- June 21, Carmelita & the International Quartet (Music from Around the World)
- June 28, The Brits (British Invasion Music)
- July 12, Travis the Band (R&B, Soul & Pop)
- July 19, Michael Lyon Group (Great American Songbook)
- July 26, Blue House w/ the Rent to Own Horns (Blues
Where: Midtown Crossing, Turner Park
When: 5 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- July 6, Larry McCRay
- July 13, Xperience
- July 20, Ron Artis II
- July 27, Bobby Watson
- August 3, Chad Stoner Band
- August 10, Ana Popovi
Don’t miss the hottest blues-inspired bands at Turner Park. Seating opens at 4 p.m.
- July 14, Sugaray Rayford
- July 15, Twelve Bar Blues Band
- August 11, THORBJØRN RISAGER and the Black Tornado
- August 12, Bywater Call
Where: Village Point
When: 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Grab a blanket or a chair and join us this summer for free outdoor music.
- June 15, High Heel Band
- June 22, One2Go
- June 29, Hardwood Dash
- July 6, Taxi Driver
- July 13, Lemon Fresh Day
- July 20, Come Together Band
- July 27, 402 Band
- August 3, The Personics
Bring your dancing shoes can be ready for a night of fun! Free will donation accepted.
- June 11, St Robert Bellarmine Catholic Church, 11802 Pacific Street, Omaha, NE – indoors in the Mainelli Center.
- July 2, The Granary – 7401 Main Street, Ralston, NE. NWS Swingtones followed by the NE Wind Symphony Community Band.
The Astro, LaVista
- August 30, Rick Springfield, w/ The Hooters, Paul Young, and Tommy Tutone – outdoors
- September 16, Beth Hart – indoors
- September 21, Ancient Aliens – indoors
- September 23, Goo Goo Dolls, w/ Fitz & The Tantrums – outdoors
- September 24, Kenny Wayne Sheperd Band – indoors
- September 30, The Gaslight Anthem – indoors
- October 5, Dropkick Murphys, w/ The Interrupters, and Jesse Ahern – outdoors
- October 28, Ruben and Clay – indoors
Send us an email if we missed anything, and we’ll add your event to the list.
We work hard to ensure the accuracy of this information. However, you should always call ahead to confirm dates, times, location, and other information before heading to an event or activity, since it may change.