Do you feel like you’re stuck in a date night rut? It’s easy to get comfortable and frequent the same places when you have the chance to go out, but it’s always fun to try something new around Omaha. Why waste a valuable date night on the same old thing? Enjoy our date night guide; it’s everything you need to plan a great time—except the babysitter!
If you love movies, we’ve got a few suggestions!
- Enjoy dinner and a show at either of the Alamo Drafthouse Cinema locations in the
- Catch the latest releases at any of the Marcus Theatres locations around town. The
best part? They have Value Tuesdays, which is $5 movie tickets with food/drink specials.
- If you’re looking for a more intimate movie-going experience, check out Film Streams
Ruth Sokolof Theater or Dundee Theater.
Omaha is packed full of fantastic local restaurants. If you’re looking to skip the chains, try one of these local treasures:
- Grab a table at Railcar Modern American Kitchen and get the brussel sprouts. You can
thank us later.
- Try some delicious pizza at Pitch Pizzeria, but be sure to make a reservation first!
- If you’re looking for great drinks and eats in a beautiful atmosphere, check out Stirnella
Bar & Kitchen.
- To get your Asian small plate fix, check out Butterfish in the Blackstone District. Again,
try the brussel sprouts!
- Stop by some of the best local ice cream shops and get a delicious treat!
Date Night In
If you’re looking to spend some quality time together but can’t find a sitter, we have some date night at-home suggestions for you:
- Tuck the kids into bed and make a fancy dinner for two.
- Have an 80s/90s movie marathon while snacking on childhood favorites (bring on the pizza rolls!)
- Grab takeout from your favorite restaurant and binge-watch the latest Netflix series!
- Play video games
- Play that board game that’s been sitting in the back of your closet since Christmas.
- Or grab some takeout from an Omaha favorite!
If you’re the double-dating type, we have a few suggestions for you:
- Find one of Omaha’s local speakeasies and enjoy a few drinks on the sneak.
–The Wicked Rabbit
–Howard & Fine
- Check out The Mark Omaha for bowling, drinks, and arcade games.
- Catch an Uber and take a tour of the many great wineries or breweries in Omaha. We recommend Cellar 426 in Ashland or Scriptown Brewing.
- Test your friends’ humor and play a game of Cards Against Humanity or New Phone, Who Dis?
If you’re looking for a date night that will get your guy excited to go out, here are some suggestions:
- Get out those clubs and check out Omaha’s Top Golf location or any of the golf courses throughout the Omaha area.
- Put on your best flannel and throw some axes at Axe Games, Craft Axe, or Flying Timber Axe Throwing.
- Have a Virtual Reality showdown at Infinite Loop VR.
- Get the best of both worlds at Beercade or Beercade 2!
Date night doesn’t have to break the bank. Here are some budget-friendly options:
All About Omaha
Are you on the hunt for a uniquely Omaha date night? We’ve got a few suggestions:
- Head to the Henry Doorly Zoo for any of their adults-only after-hours events.
- Take in the beautiful scenery at Lauritzen Gardens.
- Sip on a shake at the Durham Museum.
- Take a stroll through the historic Old Market and then over the Bob Kerrey Pedestrian
- Get outdoors and go for a hike or explore a nature trail with your significant other.